Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides (CWRAG), a Boulder-based premier outdoor adventure company, was founded on the belief that experiences in the outdoors positively impact people in several ways. Whether revealing one’s ability to meet challenges, or releasing unproductive anxiety, the wilderness can and should be a place of discovery and development.
As a result of our continued growth and understanding of our clients, CWRAG developed a new segment of the company in 2013. Colorado Wilderness Corporate & Teams works in partnership with organizations to design programs uniquely tailored to their goals, needs, and context. Our guides and experiential educators have intimate knowledge of outdoor environments across the state. They have led small and large group outings around the world. The depth of their experience, some in the most difficult environments, allows us to create worthwhile experiences for our clients. Team building and leadership development programs are our specialty.
What Makes Us Different
We are Colorado’s only corporate team building and leadership development program provider with an outdoor focus. While we bring our skills and experience indoors as weather or logistics dictate, most of our programs use the tremendous capacity of the outdoors to stimulate, challenge, excite, inspire, teach, and restore. With 17 different land manager permits, we can legally operate on a variety of city, county, state, and federal lands. Our intimate knowledge of these areas allows us to offer a wide array of event possibilities for your team.
- Professionally Educated Staff. We are professional experiential educators and facilitators with undergraduate and graduate education in Leadership Development, Experiential Education, Communication Studies, and Psychology.
- Experienced Facilitators. We have facilitated more than 800 events since 2009. Our team includes individuals with 20 – 40 years of professional experience in the field of experiential education and leadership development.
- Assessment Tool Expertise. Our educators have training in numerous assessment tools including DiSC, 360, Strength Finder, Myers-Briggs, Influence Style Indicator, Optimal Performance, and more.
- Local. We live in Colorado and Utah, know the environment like the back of our hands, and have strong connections with the local communities.
- Permitted, Licensed, and Insured. We have developed relationships with municipal, state, federal, and private land managers. Currently, we have 17 land manger permits, 3 state licenses, and are an official concessionaire in Rocky Mountain National Park. Therefore, all events comply with proper legal requirements and use our own permits and licenses.
- Direct Service Provider. We are a direct service provider rather than an event planner or destination management company. This gives us maximum opportunity to design, customize, and provide unique and individually tailored events that meet our clients’ needs.
- Green Company. We believe in sustainability. As a green company, we use carbon offsets for our transportation and our office gets 100% of its power from wind. We promote the reduce, reuse, and recycle model. We teach Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly principles and partner with these organizations.
Colorado Wilderness Corporate and Teams designs events for every industry and across all sectors. We have worked with companies in the biotech, construction, medical, technology, renewable energy, mineral resource, food and beverage, and airline industries. Our staff have also designed events for sports teams, law enforcement, government agencies, transportation, rescue, and education professionals.
We strive to develop sustainable and long-lasting partnerships with all types of organizations. This allows us to better understand each organization’s unique culture. It also gives us the opportunity to provide innovative experiences that promote excellence, achievement, healthy communication, and inclusion to maximize organizational success.
There is nothing more powerful and motivating than a great day outdoors!